Posted on Monday, May 18, 2020
The seasonal flu vaccination campaign will begin on June 1 and will run until September 30, 2020 in LA RÉUNION.
A vaccine particularly recommended this year because in a situation of co-circulation of COVID-19 and influenza viruses, high vaccine coverage against influenza could have a positive impact by reducing the volume of recourse to the healthcare system.
The supports are sent by the CNMSS 15 days before the start of the campaign to its nationals residing in LA RÉUNION meeting the following conditions:
- People aged 65 and over (born in 1955 or before),
- People with certain long-term conditions (ALD)
- People with certain respiratory conditions
Children under 9 years of age (with one of these conditions) receive 2 treatments because the injection is done in 2 stages.
For people likely to benefit from care but who cannot be targeted, the issuance of the form of support is the responsibility of the attending physician.
It’s about :
- pregnant women, regardless of the trimester of pregnancy,
- obese people with a body mass index (BMI) greater than or equal to 40
- family and friends of infants under 6 months of age with certain risk factors
- people suffering from certain chronic respiratory diseases who have not consumed treatments allowing them to be targeted
Eligible adults, vaccinated or not previously, will receive a care voucher allowing them to withdraw the vaccine directly from the pharmacy and be vaccinated by the health professional of their choice: doctor, nurse, pharmacist trained in vaccination or midwife.
The medical prescription is compulsory for
- People who cannot be targeted (pregnant women, obese people, family circle of infants, entourage of immunocompromised people, etc.)
- Beneficiaries under 18
Two new features in 2020
Generalization of vaccination by pharmacists
For this 2020 vaccination campaign, volunteer pharmacists trained in the vaccination act will be able to vaccinate adults targeted by the recommendations, with the exception of those with a history of severe allergic reaction (ovalbumin, previous vaccination, etc.).
New measure for residents in MAYOTTE
Given the particular epidemiology observed for several years in MAYOTTE, eligible people residing there will be associated with the next Northern Hemisphere vaccination campaign.
This campaign will be initiated early, as soon as the influenza vaccines are made available.
The eligibility conditions remain the same : military pensioners aged 65 and over as well as their dependents aged 65 and over, whose rights are open to the CNMSS.
For any further information, you can contact the CNMSS :
- by phone at 04 94 16 97 01
- by email
- The “Southern Hemisphere Flu” article in the “My health” section