Excess during these holidays, everyone made it unnecessary to feel guilty.
Foie gras, turkey, cheese and logs, all accompanied by one or more glasses of alcohol … After the holiday excesses, many people are wondering how to eliminate them!
Detox products like tea
In supermarkets you can find detox products such as teas, juices, food supplements, there is “food and drink” for detox. The “detox” argument is also well put forward on the packaging. But are these products really effective?
Dr Corinne Chicheportiche, nutritionist doctor, warns about these very marketing detox products! ITW ???
The role of the liver
The liver is located in the abdomen, below the diaphragm. It is the largest organ in our body. In adults, it weighs almost 1.5 kg and measures about 28 cm. It is made up of several lobes.
- It is a very versatile organ. The liver makes bile which helps digestion of fat.
- It stores glucose, vitamins and minerals and releases them into the blood when the body needs them.
- It is also able to rid our body of certain toxins. The blood arrives loaded with wastes, such as alcohol which is purified by the liver.
Is lemon useful ?
To relieve the liver, it is often mentioned the superpowers of lemon. Lemon is, like many citrus fruits, an interesting food from a nutritional point of view. It is very slightly sweet.
Here are its other strengths:
- It contains a lot of vitamin C necessary for the proper functioning of our body, to fight against fatigue.
- It also contains antioxidants which help slow down the aging of our cells.
Drinking lemon juice in the morning on an empty stomach is also the fashionable detox ritual on social networks. All beauty influencers do it.
Prof. Gabriel Perlemuter, head of the hepato-gastroenterology and nutrition department at Antoine-Béclère hospital in Clamart explains that lemon can help the functioning of the digestive system and the liver. But it should not be attributed magical powers either. Better to bet in parallel on food hygiene.
You have to use common sense and favor a healthy and balanced diet … Fruits and vegetables, water, especially to rehydrate after consuming too much alcohol. The secret is to listen to your body after the holidays, according to Dr Corinne Chiche-Portiche.
There is no miracle recipe and a lot of poison in detox!
Elsewhere on the web: